Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei restores partitions to a temporary account with win 8 and 10

I've use Aomei for some time with good results UNTIL now.  Now when I try to restore my C partitions using my backups I made earlier they restore to a tempory account with win 8 and 10. Everything is gone.  When booting up after doing a restore is says "preparing windows" almost like a new installation.  Have to reactivate.  Restoring Win 7 works just fine but 8 and 10 gives me a tempory account.  Also, 10 won't let me setup another account like it says to do.  Am I missing something? 

Comments

• Did you restore on another computer/another motherboard than you made the backup on? It looks like Windows detects an other computer thus the old license is not valid on the new computer which has apparently new hardware.

• No. I restore using another hard drive where my backups are stored.  I have backups of xp, 7 8 and 10 on it. I am using the same computer.  Nothing has changed.  I finally gave in and upgraded to 10 before the July 29th deadline.  Got it set up the way I wanted but then kept losing my start menu after updates being intalled so I tried restoreing 8 but got the tempory account with everything being gone.  So I tried going back to 10 with the exact same result.. So, now I am using 7 that I was able to restore perfectly that I made a couple of years ago. Something has changed with 8 and 10.  It's the same old computer so I don't see why Windows sees it as another computer.  It's like I've been saying now..."Win 7 was the best".

• Normally, if you restore to the orignal location, there is no need to activate the Windows. But maybe there are too many system ware installed in that disk, so the record for the activation is wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience. You need to activate it manually.

• I have used backuper pro on vista, win 8.0, 8.1 and win10.

The restored backup was not seen or even shown as restored 

back until just recently.

If windows itself fails on an upgrade from one os to another or

even builds on win10, it sees the restore as a recovery.

It does not mater what software is used.

If the restore is done from within windows running it would be more

likely it would se the restore and show it as a recovery.

If any program was not able to overwright the exsisting files and folders, 

it may have created another full instalation from the backup.