Home AOMEI Products Support

Schedule Full backup monthly & Incremental backup weekly

edited April 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

How can I schedule Full backup monthly & Incremental backup weekly?

I can set a schedule a Full backup, but then how to schedule an Incremental backup over the Full backup?

Thanks for your support!

Comments

• Hi, schedule only an Incremental Backup. BU will take then a Full Backup on the first run.

Pit

• But then I can't schedule a Full backup every month... :-( 

• Enable "Disk Space Management" under "Backup Scheme", check the second option with 7 as value and uncheck "Do not delete...". That should do it.

Pit

• Oops, you wanted to have a monthly Full Bachup and weekly incrementals, so use 4 as value for "versions".

Pit

• Where is that option?

• I think that may be a 2.0 feature. 2.0 is really buggy when it comes to network backups.

• I think that may be a 2.0 feature. 2.0 is really buggy when it comes to network backups.

• Disk Space Management is a feature in BU 2.0 Pro.

Pit

• Thanks Pit.

Then the Incremental and Diferential backup in free version is not so useful...

• As a workaround you could use Windows Task Scheduler to empty your backup folder once a month right before BU starts.

Pit

• So, if I set a Full backup, and schedule an Incremental backup weekly, and every month I delete the Full backup, the schedule will create a Full backup?

• edited May 2014

You only have to create an incremental task weekly. If no full backup exists BU creates one even there's only an incremental backup scheduled.

Pit

• Thanks Pit! ;)

• Hi rdsu,

Welcome for posting your questions here. We may improve this program, so that it could create several different kind of schedule backup the future.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hi Kim,

That would be very handy! :)

Until then I will try to use Pit suggestion... ;)

Thanks for your support!

Rui