Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition Assistant: Windows To Go Creation won't let me choose which edition to install

I have a ISO file that has several editions of the SO to install.

Example:

Within the same ISO file, there are variations.

With Win2ToUsb I can choose which edition to install to the drive, but with your tool, it install the first automatically, which obviously isn't what I want.

Is there any way to choose the version to apply to the Windows To Go installation?

Thanks!

Comments

• Sorry for the inconvenience. Of course Windows to go support all of editions of Win10.
    " it install the first automatically"----------So is that mean you could not see the list of win 10 ISO file? Have you tried to browse the path to find the ISO which you want to install.

• @neo, the WIM file (or ESD equivalent) contains the several versions, all in the same WIM file in one ISO. It is part of the WIM specification, for example. When mounting the WIM, one specifies the index to mount and install from. WIM also makes for heavy de-duplication.

• @peeter13feb Thank you. So it means we could select different WiM file in the ISO file so that we could install the corresponding edition?

• edited May 2016

no it is one WIM file, but it contains various editions, parameter is Index

assuming one mounts a WIM file with dism, the command is

dism  /mount-image  /imagefile:%ks%\media\sources\boot.wim  /mountdir:%ks%\mount  /index:1

Here /index:1 means the first version contained in the boot.wim file.  (%ks% is some working directory prefix)

I don't know how the index is chosen from setup.

• Thank you so much. Now it's clear.