Home AOMEI Products Support

Start Backup button not available for System Backup

I already installed the Windows AIK ISO, which helped to get the WinPE USB stick done.

Now I need to do a System Backup, everything seems to be working ok, except for the "Start Backup" button which is grey.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2016

For System backup need to select the source disk, that is click on it in the Source pane. In the next screen it shows the partitions that will be backed up, there is nothing to select there. (These are the usual reasons if Start is grayed out).

What is your OS version, that you had to install AIK? I see you do have Windows 8 from your other thread, you would have had to install ADK.

• Thanks for replying Peter13feb :)
    Sorry, you're right, I got mixed up. After downloading the Win AIK I also got and installed "adksetup.exe".

I did notice at some point that I was supposed to get ADK instead as I'm using Win10.

I closed and reopen Backupper, and now it's working! 

It's at 11%, I hope everything will go ok.

Thanks Peter13feb :)

J

• edited May 2016

you may deinstall AIK (it will not deinstall ADK). And I assume you did not install full ADK but only the WinPE part.

Why don't you have Windows Recovery Environment? It should have been installed for Windows 10, either as a separate Recovery partition, or as a folder in SYSTEM, or as a folder in C: ? You might find out for me, running cmd with admin rights "REAGENTC /INFO" and telling the result, the WinRE location line, and the Enabled/Disabled line. Thanks.

• Thanks all your guys. Is that all ok now?image