Home AOMEI Products Support

Boot from Linux based Backupper on USB - network path cmd lines ?

edited April 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello, i have a question if some1 knows a quick solution :)
Since the Linux based USB bootable backupper is much faster in booting up, i rather want to use that because we deploy many computers & laptops.
The only problem i ran into is that for getting acces to our server, we need to add the network manually by entering the right IP address and the share behind, example : //192.168.0.10/RAID-A

Since that typing is a bit timewaste and annoying every time, especially when deploying alot, we wanted to try to implement our server IP address and share into the Linux based USB stick,so when backupper is started up from USB, we immidiatly can discover our network / share instead of adding / entering the path ( ip address and share name ) .

Such things are easy to to in Windows / Dos based bootable USB sticks with batch files or such, but not for this Backupper Linux based stick...

So in short said, we want to boot "Backupper" from a Linux based USB ( not a WniPE one ) , and when we boot from it, we like to have immidiate acces to our server faster by having an USB stick where we have pre-entered somewhere in the boot files some CMD line wich tell the Linux based stick to recognise the IP address and share at once without us needing to type everything.
When we make an USB stick bootable from within Windows and we choose the "Linux" based option, following files are added to the Linux based usb stick :

Dir : [BOOT]

Dir : ISOLINUX

File : BZIMAGE

File : INTRD.GZ

File : SYSLINUX.CFG

CMD Lines "standard" added in the SYSLINUX.CFG file by Backupper 3.2 are :

default myOS    prompt 0    timeout 00    label myOS    kernel /bzImage quiet    append initrd=/initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw vga=0x317

My Linux knowledge is basic and from far in the past, so i might overlook something, but i already searched the net without a descent solution, if anyone has an idea wich files i need to adjust or what kind of lines i might need to add in the SYSLINUX.CFG file, ur welcome :)

Thanks!

Andy