Home AOMEI Products Support

New BackUpper User >>>Problems Backing Up Data from Another Networked Computer

April 19, 2016

I am having trouble figuring out how to back up files from a second home computer through a wireless network onto an external hard drive connected via USB to the main laptop computer on the same wireless network.

In particular, when I browse to the path for the folder Iwant to back up from the second networked computer, I get a dialog box that asks for the following:

Username:
Password:
Plus a checkbox for “Anonymous”.

Here is the general format for the network path I am usingfor the files on the networked second computer that I am trying to back up withBackupper:

\\COMPUTERNAME\Users\UserName\AppDataAppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms<file:///

\\COMPUTERNAME\Users\UserName\AppDataAppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms>

>>>>>>>I have no idea what the Username and Password values are for.  They are not requested when I back up files from the main laptop computer that is directly connected to my main laptop computer.

When I check the“Anonymous” box, and click OK to do the back up, I get a black bar that says“NAS Connecting”, but then I get a message that says “The specified password isinvalid.” after a minute or so of processing.

HELP PLEASE … I am a first time user of Backupper, and am losing faith in its capabilities, ease of use and support.  Feels kind of buggy to me at this point, even though it has gotten great reviews on the Internet.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Comments

• edited April 2016

Coz you need to backup the file which exist on another PC. So please check if  the file(folder) is shared.  If not, You need to share it and you could create a username and Password.
    Then you could backup it without tick "Anonymous" and enter the username and password to backup that file(folder).