Home AOMEI Products Support

Getting "Select another location as the destination path." after selecting a directory on NAS drive.

I can't seem to System Backup to a directory on a network drive.  When I select one it says "Select another location as the destination path."  The Start Backup button is inoperative.  Windows 10 but same occured on Windows 8.1.  Backupper version 3.2.

Comments

• Did you assign a letter to that network drive, path? 

• as far as I understand, U did select back up to a network share in the form \\192.168.p.pp\myshare\folder and it does not let you do this?

• I tried both options, using a network drive mapped to a letter via the This PC option on the open menu and using the Share/NAS option on the open menu and got the same in both cases.  In the latter case it used the share name and not the numeric IP.  Thanks.

• edited April 2016

Thanks please try the numeric IP variant as suggested. There IS a known difference. The IP variant is known to work, I myself did it (if it still doesn't work, either it is a new problem or a local  issue at your NAS or whatever).

• I tried the IP and get the same thing.

• I am able to access the same point with Windows Explorer and create a directory so I don't think it is a file system problem.

• The problem seems to be much different than I thought.  It isn't the destination that's the problem, it's the source.  The program can't see any system, partition or disk to back up.  All it shows me is the little SD card I have inserted into it.  The system is a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet with a solid state drive.  The program doesn't seem able to see the solid state drive at all.

• edited April 2016

The issue with eMMC has been here before, but was always reported as that one cannot select the source.

Dell Venue 8 Pro has 32GB eMMC. eMMC memory is known not be supported by AOMEI.

eMMC is different from SSD and rotating hard disk, the OS layout is different, it is stored very compact in a hidden partition (WIMBoot) https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn594399.aspx

"Some backup, antivirus, and encryption tools aren’t compatible with WIMBoot images."

• Ok, Peter.  Thanks.  I originally thought source wasn't selectable because there was only one choice.  Silly, that.

• Sorry for that. The software cannot support the EMMC. Thanks Peter.