Home AOMEI Products Support

Newbie Questions!

Hallo,

1. When I create a Bootable Media along with the first system backup I have to make again a new one when I take a new system backup in the same system?

2. What do you advice to take as a system backup, for intelligent sector, the sector by sector (exact backup) or the used sectors (intelligent sector backup)? I mean is there any point or advantages to make the exact backup (more GB) instead of the intelligent sector backup?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 1, There is no need to create the new one.

2, Sector by sectore will backup all the sectore in disk or partition whenth it is used.

3, Intelligent sectore will just backup the used data.

• Thank you for your answer, but what do you advice? Sector by sector or Intelligent sector? What are the pros and cons?

• We advice that you use the Intelligent one.

• Thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! So if I understand well the sector by sector would be ONLY useful if you would like to restore and deleted files?

• No, the data is the same. But just the way is differrent. Intelligent backup will create smaller image.

• Sorry that I insist but I didn't descibed it correctly. There is a Hard Disk 100GB that contains the system install with 40GB. The intelligent will make (without compression) 40GB image and the sector by sector will make 100GB (without compression). These 60G (along with the rest 40GB so totally 100GB) would be useful to have them backed up with sector to sector to an image (100gb) ONLY if I wanted to restore deleted files that I may have done (at the 60GB)? Otherwise I can't undestand another reason to make sector to sector. Am I right Sir? I hope I didn't confused with my not so well decription...

Thank you for your patience.

• edited April 2016

your ONLY mark ist not exact, Sir.

sector copy may be useful for corrupted file systems, for corrupted partitions, and for foreign file system, for unformatted partitions. It could also be helpful to preserve deleted data, before trying to recover them. Sector copy will also include temporary files that an Intelligent copy does skip rightfully. On doing backup of a healthy computer, sector copy is not needed.

• You need to use the sectore by sector way to do the backup.

• So because I am in a healthy computer if I understood well Peter13feb there is no need to do sector by sector copy! Thank you!

• Sorry one last question, my HD (the OS is installed there) is 111GB where the 62 are in used. The sector by sector made a backup file of 111GB (that is OK) but the Intelligent made a backup file of 50 GB (???). Shouldn't be 62 GB the backup file?

• edited April 2016

It does not back up temporary files, page file, downloads from windows update, hibernate file, system restore points, trash. Temporaries and system restore points could be that large to make a difference.

I suggest compression anyway, a large portion of \Program Files and \Windows are compressible.

• Balema ,The backup image will be smaller than the actual data size.

If you are worried about it, you can do the explore image to check it.

• Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!