Home AOMEI Products Support

Broken Windows Update

So I purchased AOMEI backupper in order to clone my existing hard disk to a new SSD.  I was having no problems prior to installing this software with Windows automatically installing updates overnight.

After buying and installing AOMEI backupper I was able to do a system clone my existing HD to my SSD.  The SSD would boot, but now the Windows updater was stuck on "reboot to install updates".  However, after rebooting the updates wouldn't install.  Therefore I reverted to my old HD - however, Windows Update was broken on this drive as well. 

I did the following with the SSD installed.  None of this fixed the problem

Ran windows FixIt

Tried to do Windows Restore from boot F8 - 2 different restore points failed to restore

Cleared windows update folder

Ran Windows Automated Troubleshooter resulted in error code 0x80070490

Ran Windows update readiness tool resulted in error code 0x8024800c

I repeated the above process with the original HD installed - still no luck.

I finally reinstalled Windows 7 onto the SSD along with

Windows office

Nvidia drivers

Logitech drivers

HP Printer drivers

Apple iTunes

finally AOMEI Backupper

Once I loaded AOMEI backupper my Windows Update broke again.  This time in "Checking for Updates" 

I uninstalled AOMEI backupper and my Windows update remains broken.

Comments

• edited April 2016

finally reinstalled Windows 7 onto the SSD along with

Windows office

drivers

Apple iTunes

---Point X---

finally AOMEI Backupper

Once I loaded AOMEI backupper my Windows Update broke again.  This time in "Checking for Updates" 

You don't know if it is Aomei causing the update trouble. Did you try to update at point X?

And it didn't update on the SSD nor on the HDD before.

My Win7 PC's won't update anymore too. But I ended that process after 3 hours searching/checking. Maybe It needs 10 hours or so..... It looks like Microsoft is pestering Win7 users forcing them to upgrade to Win10.

• edited April 2016

AOMEIbroken Sorry for that.

Whay you said that th eupgrade it broken.

Actually, it cannot upgrade automatically, but you can upgrade it manually.

Hope you can give us more about the broken message.

And we will find the problem.

• @Admin, He is talking about the Windows update not the Aomei update. TS thinks that Aomei Backupper broke his Windows update.

• edited April 2016

Thanks Johnny. The software maybe will delete the upgrade record so that the Windows cannot upgrade automatically. But you can upgrade it manually.