Home AOMEI Products Support

Impossible to copy partition

I have tried to copy a partition using the wizard from one external USB HDD to one USB Thumb Drive. I have been able to do it in the past and it's strange because now, I'm totally unable to do it.

This is what I do:

Selected Copy Partition Wizard, followed the steps. The destination partition is *free space*.

When trying to apply the changes and after trying to lock the source drive, the application says the drive is still LOCKED by another application. I tried the Retry option (close apps using the drive and retry). This doesn't work.

So 2nd chance: I choose the Reboot option and this is what I get:

Comments

• Hi again! Yesterday night I discovered that Windows had a pending install (Windows Update) and it was a Windows Insider build (the new one). So I decided to download it and install.

Now, I can copy the partition!! It started and it's copying right now. It seems it's necessary to apply all the pending updates, INSIDER BUILDS INCLUDED in order to be able to perform some disk operations like this.

• “ the application says the drive is still LOCKED by another application.”

Because that partition is using at the moment.

"So 2nd chance: I choose the Reboot option and this is what I get: code 11"

The erro code is shown up because it failed to boot into PREOS mode to do the backup.

So maybe you need to create the Bootbale USB to do the backup again.

PS: Thanks a lot, you do the backup perfectly.