Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI restore from older version

Hello,

my laptop crashed and I want to restore from a system backup I made in december 2015.

But I get the error message :

Invalid image file. This file may not be complete...., or it does not mathc with the current software version"

I allways do a backup with "check image" option and I never got an error.

But also with my AOMEI Backup 3.1 on another laptop I can not "Explore Image" and I also get the same

error.

How can I find out with which version I could have done that backup?

Is tehre any way to check/correct a image?

best regards

Werner

Comments

• edited March 2016

it is perhaps a NAS issue? try \\192.168.p.pp\ access in that case. There are no news that image file changed from 3.1 to 3.2.

• wmagerl ,What bakup you do?

Is that incremental backup or full backup?

• Hello,

it was a full backup...system backup

And it is on a USB hard disk and not NAS

I have checked other backup from other laptops and BACKUPPER could open/mount these ADI files...it is just this one.

Any other idea if the ADI file can be fixed?

• sorry for that, maybe the image is corrupted for some reasons. Our software cannot restore it now.imageimageimage

• edited March 2016

here are old versions  (I do not warrant the web site, you may compare  3.2 from that web site with the official version) http://www.filehorse.com/download-aomei-backupper/old-versions/

@admin, this question from #0 was for you How can I find out with which version I could have done that backup?

• Thanks perter, sorry for the late reply.

If you just have the backup image, we cannot find that is made with which version.

You just can see it in the log and the GUI of the software.