Home AOMEI Products Support

WINPE Bootdisk stops at 99%

Hi. I am trying to make the WinPE bootdisk for Backupper and it keeps stopping at 99%. It has done this twice now and one of those times it spit the disk out at 99%. Any idea what's up with this? The Linux disk was made with no problem. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• for the 99prozent bug, try creating an ISO instead of direct burning,
    and burn from the windows right-click (on the ISO) command.

• After doing some searches it seems this bug has been around for a LONG time. Is there any reason why it has not been fixed yet? It doesn't give me much confidence in the program.

I don't know what you mean by burn from the windows right click. If I right click and send the iso file to the DVD drive I know it will burn the file as a iso and not in an extracted form. I will use another program to load the iso image and it will burn in an extracted form.

• edited March 2016

don't know what you mean by burn from the windows right click. If I
    right click and send the iso file to the DVD drive I know it will burn
    the file as a iso and not in an extracted form. I will use another
    program to load the iso image and it will burn in an extracted form.

On Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, the first (W7) or  second (W8, W10) command from the top is Burn. You do have W7 and W8 computers, from your other post, and could know from there.

• The computer in quesion has XP on it. I have different OS... XP, Win7, and Win8.1. I have only tried to do XP at the moment.

• , If the progress is in 99%, Maybe the bootable CD is ok to use, please try to boot with it.

If it cannot be booted, you need to create the ISO and burn the ISO to CD with the burn tools. Sorry for the inconvenience.