Home AOMEI Products Support

BackUpper Standard 3.2 Error 4101

A system backup to my NAS drive works just fine. But doing a file backup gets a 4101 error. I've verified that I have full rights (of course I do, system backup works just fine). Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• edited March 2016

Strange characters/tokens in the backup path or task name?

Try making it as simple and short as possible.

• edited March 2016

No strange characters. The path is //N2310/FileBackup and //N2310/SysBackup. Also, I've tried to backup two different directories using File Backup and both get the 4101 error.

• Just tested other options. File Sync works without error (but that doesn't give me the option to do differential backups so I can't use that). Partition Backup (that includes the folder from the failed File Backup) works without error, but is much more than I need to backup. So the only option causing an error is the most important one I need.

• what directories are in the backup? plain data, or \Users, or what? thousands of small files or large files?

• edited March 2016

Several relatively small files containing just source code for programming projects. So for the most part they are all pretty much text based along with a few icons and things. Another test was the data directory for a MySQL server. And still another had 2 very large (200gb) VirtualBox images.

• EaseUS ToDo Backup Home backed up all 3 locations without any problem. I'd prefer to use AOMEI though because that's what I use for my System Backups.

• another option to try, to find out, would be \\192.168.p.pp\ instead of \\N2310\

• You know Peter, I had considered that but thought that since the System Backup was OK with \\N2310 that the File Backup should be as well. Well, I was wrong! I added a new NAS using the ip notation and it works! Thank you!

• Attached is some solutions for 4101. If you check it and also get the error, please contact us again.

imageAB Error Code 4101.doc

• No, Peter, it is not the same.