Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper: Wrong FolderName created

edited March 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

Data Synchronization creates a folder with the wrong name. See the last four characters. 

The files are copied to the folder "rung"

\\NASC908B2\Sicherung\System-reserviert_C_Drive_VMDK-Konvertierung\C-VMDK zur NAS\System-reserviert_C_Drive_VMDK-Konvertierung\rung

Greeting

Comments

• Because the name of the fiel is too long, myabe you need to revise the name 

• Interesting. But thanks for the reply.

• Did not help. I've shortened the folder name. The last four digits are repeated.

\\Nasc908b2\Michis Backup\Aomei Sync Michis VMDK\Aomei Sync\Michis_System_VMDK\VMDK

• you are the only one having this issue?

• @Zunar, please give us more details. You said it create the wrong name.What the name of the source and waht the name in the destination?

• Job Name: Aomei Sync

Source: "\\michi12\SSR-Sicherung\michi12_System_VMDK"

Target: "\\nasc908b2\michi12-Sicherung\AOMEI Sync michi12-VMDK"

When the sync is performed, produced in the target:

"\\nasc908b2\michi12-Sicherung\AOMEI Sync michi12-VMDK\AOMEI Sync\michi12_System_VMDK\VMDK"

• does ist change when the length of the target folder name is different?

Wenn das Target "\\nasc908b2\michi12-Sicherung\AOMEI Sync michi12-VMDKr" lautet, beispielsweise?

I notice that the last folder only of the source path is repeated in the target produced, michi12_System_VMDK

• then creates the following path

......\michi12_System_VMDKr\MDKr

• edited March 2016

Trying reproduction, in eight steps, till success

(1) I tried to reproduce it but did not get the error. Aomei Backupper Standard 3.2. Backup sync from network to network.

I used the exact job, source and target names, except \\michi12\ -> \\192.168.p.pp\shared and \\nasc908b2\ -> \\192.168.p.pp\shared2

(2) I tried to reproduce and received the error. The extra folder layer is _VMDK (five characters). Aomei Backupper Standard 3.2. Backup sync from network to network.

I used the exact job, source and target names, except \\michi12\ -> \\myname\shared\ and \\nasc908b2\ -> \\myname\shared2\

+ (3) (omitted)

"myname" is actually eight characters, whereas "michi12" seems seven characters.

+(4) will add different depth, reduce by one folder level.

I tried to reproduce and received the error. The extra folder layer is _VMDK (five characters).

Aomei Backupper Standard 3.2. Backup sync from network to network.

I used the exact job, source and target names, except \\michi12\SSR-Sicherung\ -> \\myname\shared\ and \\nasc908b2\michi12-Sicherung\ -> \\myname\shared2\

(host name the same and share names different).

+ (5) repeated above, received the same error,

with the destination set to (same host, same share, extra destination folder level \\myname\shared\syncdest

+(6) doing a backup sync from a local folder to \\myname\shared\   everything works

+(7) doing a backup sync from \\myname\shared\ to a local folder, your guess?

+(8) doing a backup sync from \\192.168.p.pp\shared\ to a local folder, your guess?

• edited March 2016

I learned something about NAS, and I don't even have one. All is on a virtual system, The NAS (just shared folder), as well as the virtual machine, running on an attached USB3 1TB disk.

Michael du hast recht getan, den Fehler zu berichten.

• edited March 2016

@Peter13feb

Thanks for the detailed test :-)

Test 1

Job: Dateisynchronisierung(3)

Source: \\michi12\SSR-Sicherung\michi12_System_VMDKr

Target: C:\pflege\AOMEI Sync Server-VMDK

Result target: C:\pflege\AOMEI Sync Server-VMDK\Dateisynchronisierung(3)\michi12_System_VMDKr\MDKr

Test 2

Job: Dateisynchronisierung(3)

Source: Z:\SSR-Sicherung\michi12_System_VMDKr

Target: C:\pflege\AOMEI Sync Server-VMDK

Result target: C:\pflege\AOMEI Sync Server-VMDK\Dateisynchronisierung(3)\michi12_System_VMDKr

If the source folder is a UNC path, the last 4 characters are created as an additional folder.

• edited March 2016

when the source host name is five characters, the extra nested folders generated are more weird.

"hostA" in this test is the computer where Backupper runs, just the source is accessed as network resource but this should not matter.

(1) source \\hostA\shared

result at destination f:\syncdest\jobname\shared\04\shared (real contents)

and recovery produces empty result. Recovery is always to a different location, not original location.

(2) source \\hostA\shared\justest

result at destination f:\syncdest\jobname\shared\justest\d\justest (real contents)

and ... recovery produces empty result.

(3) cross check source \\192.168.p.pp\shared

result at destination f:\synctest\jobname\shared (real contents)

and recovery works

(4) cross check source \\192.168.p.pp\shared\justest

result at destination f:\synctest\jobname\shared\justest (real contents)

and recovery works

Summary: network adresses, as source for Backup sync, do work when the "hostpart" is in numerical IP format, but when the "hostpart" is a servername, it does not work well.

When the source is a local address, backup sync works (and recovery tried and works).

• "When the sync is performed, produced in the target:

"\\nasc908b2\michi12-Sicherung\AOMEI Sync michi12-VMDK\AOMEI Sync\michi12_System_VMDK\VMDK""

"michi12_System_VMDK" This is the folder you sync in the source, right?

"VMDK" is the folder that is included in this folder "michi12_System_VMDK"

• edited March 2016

"VMDK" is the folder that is included in this folder "michi12_System_VMDK"

"VMDK", as well as 04\shared and d\justest are in included in the destination folder, but are not present in the source folder.

That is "VMDK" is the folder that is included in this folder "michi12_System_VMDK" in the destination.

• Sorry. I hope I understand the questions and contents all correct. The Google Translator has a very poor grammar.

@admin

correct

• edited March 2016

I did another test. In that test:

When servername is 8 characters, the extra folder was last 6 characters.

when servername is 7 characters, the extra folder was last 7 characters.

when servername is 5 characters, the extra folder was last 8 characters (and makes two levels, e.g. 04\shared, d\justest). Including the \ it was 9 characters.

However, in another test, servername length=7 makes extra folder from last 4 characters, servername length=8 makes extra folder from last 5 characters.

• Peter, thansk for your test, we appreciate it. This is the problem of our product, the technicians will fix it in the next version.

BTW:"

(1) source \\hostA\shared

result at destination f:\syncdest\jobname\shared\04\shared (real contents)

and recovery produces empty result. Recovery is always to a different location, not original location."

Why you talk about the recovery? Do you do the sync or the backup?

• edited March 2016

Dear admin, I was talking about the "Recovery" button of the "Backup File Sync" task. There is a Recovery button. It performed Recovery as described (did, didn't).

• OK, we got it.image