Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 6.0 - Split partition

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

While using AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 6.0 to split a partition, what is "allow partition alignment to optimize the performance of SSD" in Advanced button?

What does it mean and what does it do?

My system already has a SSD for fast bootup and I'm trying to split my Drive C which is running Windows. As I only have one drive of usable space, I don't want to put my data inside Windows Drive as if corrupted, I couldn't get back my data. Hence I want to create a partition.

Please advice whether I should select "allow partition alignment to optimize the performance of SSD"?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi, This option is to indicate the proper alignment of partition and help you to optimize your disk. More detail please view from here:http://www.disk-partition.com/help/align-partition.html

• After split partition is done, can it be undone?

• "After split partition is done, can it be undone?"

We have no idea of what you say.

You split the C partition and then you want to meger the two partitions?

• Sorry, I mean to say. after I split the partititon, and if I had split it wrong on the sizes and want to split again with different sizes.

C is split wrongly into C and D drives with sizes 230 GB and 440 GB which is wrong in size. I would like to it to be C Drive for 270 GB and D Drive for 400 GB.

Do I need to merge the two drives again and split the partition again (which is starting all over again the process which consumes a lot of time) or is there any other shortcut method?

Thanks in advance

• edited February 2016

Xerxes, the command in AOMEI PA is "Resize Partitions" (to make D: smaller and to make C: larger)

• Xerxes, We advice you to do it in this way, it will be faster.

1, Create the 40GB unallocated space from D partition and then apply.

2, Move the 40GB unallocated space next to C partition and then apply.

3,Finally, merge the C and 40 GB unallocated space, then apply.

• Thank you admin for your valuable comment.