Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Onekey Recovery - without boot option

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Good morning everyone!

I'm sorry for my English. . . Not my native language. . .

Yesterday, Lenovo G40 80, Windows 10 failed. Showed the following message:

Your PC / device needs to be repareid.

The configuration data boot for your pc is missing or contains error

File: | EFI \ Microsoft \ Boot \ BCD

Error code: 0xc000014c

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you do not have any installation medium like device, contact your pc administraor or PC / device manufacturer.

Given the above, it was not possible to access the Windows recovery option (There was no drive option - missing / blocked) and, also, there was no recovery option by Aomei OneKey Recovery.

How to proceed?

NOTE: boot non-conformity corrected via diskpart.

Thanks for your attetion!

clade

Comments

• edited February 2016

you may start from a bootable media, and in command shell enter

bcdboot c:\windows /L us-en

where us-en is your language code if you know.

But it is not clear what you did in diskpart and what you understand by boot nonconformity (say the word in your language please).

And it is unfortunate-normal that there are no recovery options, because they are all started from BCD!

• " there was no recovery option by Aomei OneKey Recovery."

You do not create the recovery before your system crashed?

• Sorry if I was not more objective

I managed to fix the inability (unconformity) boot through the Windows 10 media and using command prompt - diskpart. Therefore, the equipment returned to function normally, but without the boot option Aomei OneKey Recovery as occurred earlier, before the boot of the accident.

Yes, I used Aomei OneKey Recovery and created the corresponding partition boot before the accident.

See the disk manager:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2lmq2vjnnbosde/Partitions Aomei Onekey Recovery.png?dl=0

• edited February 2016

in AOMEI One Key Recovery, using the gear wheel in the top right, you
    can set the boot manager option, it is easily not seen.

a) what have you done using diskpart is still not clear. Usually diskpart does not have such commands except "set id=", was it a different program?

Say the word "boot nonconformity" in your language (portugues) as it was spelled.

b) Your computer is EFI, AOMEI OKR was missing from the BCD after the repairs, and OKR will put it there again, usually.

c) and what happened that BCD got corrupted (BCD basically the 260MB partition), without it neither Windows nor OKR do work.

d) (hint to AOMEI should be able to run OKR from a bootable media to restore the 260MB)

• Well, let's go. . .

When I try to use the right button. . . gives the following message: ". The option is Unable to be used because you just have not made the backup for your system After Completing system backup, the option will Become available"

As shown above, Aomei OKR partitions are there, then. . .

I tried to use EasyBCD but do not know if I did not know how to use (need more time because it is the first time use), puts the Aomei OKR as boot option but when I try to use this option does not work.

EasyBCD own reports that EFI it does not work properly or something. . .

Through Diskpart was created EFI partition (system), then leave and the other operations command prompt.

Nonconformity is the same as a problem, a difficulty. . .or is, the equipment was not normal.

I sso a Dell with Windows 7-64 and this with Windows 10 - 64. I take one, leave, grab the other and will work with both. Left this stationary device without turning off after use, when I use it again, I had a message on blue screen on the failure BCD / EFI.

I not remember what I did before that occurs. Windows is Windows 

• 1,You can boot youe system, right?

2, What is the "1" partition? "2" is right.

3,Please see that if you set the bootable menu.

• Yes. The equipment returned to work after using the procedures reported above. . .

With respect to item 1 - I do not know what you mean. With respect to item 2, all right, there must be a Aomei OKR partition.

In an attempt to use the Aomei OKR settings, getting the same message above, that is, I can not access.

I do not know how the booting Aomei OKR works, but should not fail when the Windows flaw, since the purpose of the software is just be the choice when failure occurs in Windows. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• I look now Windows 7-64, the Aomei OKR occupies only a partition - a perfect and logical drive.

Windows 10-64 - Partition 1-800 MB - integrity, primary partition; Partition 2 to 30.29 GB, integrity, primary partition.

I do not know how to partition 1 appeared there.

• edited February 2016

You mix two computers it seems. What you can do now, is create a backupper
    bootable media on your working Windows 7 64 bit, take it to the Windows
    10 computer where nothing works, and do a system restore, using the image in the
    recovery partition. As long as Windows 10 does not boot (and it
    doesnt?), no other chance.

However because you show the
    Windows Disk Management Screen, I assume Windows10 works: "simply redo the OKR backup."

Nonconformity is the same as a problem, a difficulty. . .or is, the equipment was not normal. This is not portuguese, but english. The portuguese words are needed, to understand (and look up in microsofts translation database. ).

PS to admin, the "1" partition of size 800MB is created on EFI systems by OKR.it seems the partition containing the .WIM for Enter AOMEI OneKey Recovery.

PS to Clade: integres translates to "healthy", not to "integrity". perfect is also not the english technical word. for example the german words would be "fehlerfrei", error-free instead of healthy. It is better to give the original technical Windows words, because one cannot know what it was in english.

• PeterFeb13:

. Windows 10-64 origin of this post is working. The question is why the Aiomei OK Recovery does not work if it created the partition and the partition is normal?

. If he failed it is because Aomei OK Recovery Windows BCD need to boot. It is correct that information or it is independent of the BCD?

. I also use the Aomei OK Recovery in other equipment that works with Windows 7-64.

. When I write in "non-compliance" - is not the Microsoft message, is mine. For when the machine does not operate normally. The only message that Microsoft provided was that at the beginning of the post (blue screen).

Summing up:

. When experiencing blue screen equipment with Aomei OK Recovery the only way to use Aomei OK recovery is using the media

. I did not use the media to because when I tried other forms of the Windows fixes Island I had the message: drive where the system is installed is locked "Who knows if it occurs again I used the media option Aomei OK Recovery..

. Always I have available USB stick bootable with Aomei OK Recovery.

PS:

. It is not easy the communication between a German and a Brazilian. Lol.

.I like testing with different software and I like to try to correct until the moment the use of backup or formatting is the ultimate solution. I try not to use the backup as the first option, I like to learn.

• ok message was in english, the one at the beginning. Without BCD, nothing boots from the Microsoft Boot Manager, it is by design.

I will try (in a few hours from now) whether I can boot directly from the UEFI firmware boot manager into the 800MB partition.  In addition I've seen that AOMEI partition (800MB) does have its own BCD in case it is needed there.

What is non-compliance in brazil? perhaps you want to say something like out-of-order?

• I'm no expert in English, but looked the translation into Portuguese, is that's it. In literally "fora de ordem". Disorganized, that does not work normally.

I will await your position concerning your second paragraph.

Thanks!

• edited February 2016

there is a firmware boot entry called AOMEI OneKey Recovery, but it requires the system partition (partition 2 usually). It is the folder \Aomei  and contains one file, AomeiBoot.efi, size 45KB. That file displays "Press F11 to enter Aomei OneKey Recovery" and accepts F11.

1) What I have first tried is this:

Assign letter S to the EFI system partition, assign letter Q to the 800MB partition.

copied file S:\Aomei\AomeiBoot.efi to C: (in cmd) and then to Q:\Aomei.

I restart computer, enter the firmware boot menu, either using ESC or F9, depends on the computer.

In firmware boot from this file in Q. It then displays the F11 message, I press F11 and then OKR starts.

(in my firmware, which is VMware, I can even add a new firmware entry).

2) What I wanted to try is to boot without the F11 key, directly to the Q partition.

This can be done.

-Enter the firmware boot menu, either using ESC or F9, depends on the computer.

-boot from file, and indicate Q:\efi\boot\AomeiPeLdr.efi  (where Q is the 800MB partition). The BCD used is Q:\efi\microsoft\boot\BCD

There also Q:\boot\AomeiPeLdr.efi and Q:\boot\BCD but they are the wrong location.

(in my UEFI firmware, which is VMware, I can even add a new firmware entry for it)

And what was to translation from brazil, into non-compliance?

• I'm thinking. . . I'm afraid to make changes here in the equipment since it is working normally.

I had tried all F (F1.... F12) and nothing had worked.

I think about delete partitions of Aomei OK Recovery and launch it again, backing up the system from that time.

"Non-compliance" - do not know how it will be translated into English. But it's more or less like this: "A non-compliance is related to processes that led to unsatisfactory results, that is, non-compliant products that do not meet certain requirements."

• non-compliance is already in english, but what was it in brazil, before translation?

And note point 2 above, which is a direct UEFI file boot into OneKey Recovery

• Thanks Peter,

Clade: "I do not know how the booting Aomei OKR works, but should not fail when the Windows flaw, since the purpose of the software is just be the choice when failure occurs in Windows. Correct me if I'm wrong."

Maybe you need to do the bakckup again and then set the booable menu.

When the system is crashed, you can press the bootable menu to boot the system and restore your system.

• Sorry Peter13Feb! 

Não conformidade - this it is written in Portuguese. I found 45 KB boot file, but I'll format the partitions Aomei OK Recovery and making new backup, because already installed several software of interest after the accident boot. 

Administradot! 

It is a unfortunate we do not have another solution for when there are situations like this post, since it's the moments that Windows flaw that third-party software has to cover this gap.

• edited February 2016

Clade your question is valuable.

Clade and admin, what one can do minimally on UEFI systems is this: boot from a file. The file is located in the 800MB partition, at /efi/boot/AomeiPeLdr.efi . This is a firmware-only solution, as it depends only on the 800MB AOMEI partition, and the AOMEI recovery partition.  (However it is not designed to do that).  The other fallback solution is to boot from the AOMEI backupper bootable medium.

On an MBR system, the ideal fall-back solution would be to set another primary partition active and boot from there, or fallback boot from the AOMEI backupper bootable medium.

The MBR solution from AOMEI to modify the MBR, putting code into C:, is not stable against system reserved issues, MBR changes, and even against some C: issues.

The UEFI solution to have a firmware loader set in bootorder, and this loader is contained in the EFI system partition, is not stable against system partition issues.

OKR should saveguard and restore the WinRE partition too, what it never does.

Depending on firmware capabilities, firmware boot from the 800MB partition can be put into firmware
    boot menu, and it can be put onto the F11 key using Customactions.
    However on a real hardware, UEFI would better protect against this,
    whereas on a virtual system like mine it does not matter.

It depends a bit on what scenarios must progressively be covered by OKR.

(only C: fails, system partition fails too, 800MB/MBR boot fails, AOMEI Recovery partition fails. The four progressive scenarios should be by design. ).

• Peter13Feb!

It is not know if I understand correctly, but in fact, in this case the post, only use the media Aomei Backuper.

I do not know as it is in country of you, but here, no less than 90% of people are OS users only, any non-conformity of the equipment, however simple it may be, do not know how to proceed.

Thus, the number of people to use the software Aomei quality as a helper to bring the equipment up and running, I think, ends up being a low percentage. Even more if you have to use media to access the backup stored previously.

• Where understand that Aomei products can enter, it is for those professionals who meet the above mentioned users, showing them the need for periods backups.

Every time I used the product Aomei, backups functioned on 100% of situations. (Aomei Backupper)