Home AOMEI Products Support

Crashed backup file recovery

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

The backupper could not finish the backup process due a HDD read failure. (not backupper's fault) The backup process was forcefully interrupted at 98%. Backup file is stored on a NAS, but Bacupper complains that the file is incomplete and corrupt.

My question is - is there a way to recover the data from the stored 98%? To "repair" the backup file, so it can be mounted?

Comments

• So so sorry that our software cannot repair it, the only way is that you do the backup again.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

• Hi there. You've missed the point. The original harddrive has failed and is inaccessible.

The only data available are in the failed backup file. There must be some way to fix the file headers and the file ending so the backupper can open it and mount.

I dont care if some files cannot be extracted. The backup plan was a complete HDD with all the partitions. The backup failed on the data partition, so the "C:\" drive should be "intact" inside the backup file.

• We are sorry for that. 

"The original harddrive has failed and is inaccessible."

Maybe you need to create a bootable media to repair your system.

"so the "C:\" drive should be "intact" inside the backup file."

Because the image stracture is not complete, so we cannot repair it.

Our software is unable to restore the incomplete image.

So so sorry we cannot help you.image

• You really should think about a solution for individual file recovery from failed backup image file.

• @SelfMan, there is another option in Aomei: File Sync. It's the same as File Backup but not to an image, but a file copy. So an error halfway still makes the backup accessible.

• @JohnnyboyGo- this aint gonna help me. I know the features.  Still, thanks for the good intention.