Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup problem

Ok so ive been trying to figure out a solution for the entire day today and now that i am completely stumped i decided to come to this forum for help.

So i recently updated from windows 7 to windows 8.1 and backed up all my stuff on an external hard drive via aomei backupper. 

Now, i need to restore the data via backupper and cannot since the only partition available is the C: drive which has important info and will be rewritten if i restore all the data from the hard drive.

I also tried selective file restore and that worked out ok until one of my files did not open, with a message: you do not have permission to open this file (the file became write-protected for some reason)

I really need help for this matter. I will provide screenshots if you would like. 

Thanks

Comments

• Hello andy123,

We are so sorry for this problem, currently we cannot solve it. You may have to restore the backup to another location (when you restore the backup, tick the option "restore another location"), after that you can copy the files out.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team