Home AOMEI Products Support

Restore Backup To New PC (Using Old File Properties)

It's time to play, "How stupid of a question was THAT?!"  Today's contestant:  ME!  It's been a while since I was an admin and I'm racking my brain but CANNOT recall:  

I dumped Windows 8.1 and did a 100% clean install with Windows 7...  How do I restore files backed up by AOEMI Backupper so that the "Date Created" attribute uses the properties for the individual files in the backup?  Whenever I do a restore it restores the data just fine, but sets the "Date Created" using that day's date instead the properties of the file when it was actually backed up...  It has the correct information under "Date Modified"...

Snarky answers are welcome provided that they also come with the correct answer :).

Comments

• edited April 2014

Hi,

You are so funny!image Sorry, currently the "Date Created" is as you mentioned will be set to the date when you restore it. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will sincerely consider enable it could keep the same date as the original in the later version.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hi, 

I am exploring the use of Aomei Backup. When doing restore, BOTH the "date modified" AND "date created" are the date of restore.
    I would not mind if I at least have the original "date modified" but it is not the case. Please advise how to solve this.

Thank you!!

• edited May 2014

Hi,

We are so sorry for that. Currently we don't have solution for this problem. However, we will keep making effort to improve this program, you may see the improvments in the later versions.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team