Home AOMEI Products Support

Complete first timer looking for best steps...

I am a complete newbie (noobie?) to this process. I have a new Win 10 notebook that I have just finished installing all the updates and additional software. I have also uploaded my pictures from my last computer and my music files.

I would like to create a backup so that if the laptop crashes I can somehow get it back to the way it is right now. I was told BackUpper is the way to go. But I'm kind of lost. I don't know if I'm doing a system backup or files or partition.

I have a 4 TB USB 3.0 drive connected that I was planning on backup to.

Does anyone know of any step-by-step instructions that are out there? Or a guide or something. Or could someone please tell me (in as basic a way as possible) the best way to go about this? I have downloaded the Standard edition but will upgrade to Pro if it is necessary.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give.

ACG

Comments

• If you run the program the screen has a 'menu' button, top right, which offers help.

A 'system' backup image is useful if your Windows picks up a nasty bug and you wish to get it back to the state it was in at the time of the backup.

A 'Disk' image backup is when your hard drive crashes and dies and you want to get a new drive up and running.

In either case, you would be using the recovery cd or usb stick that you created.

• they have a few step by step backup guides on this site but basikly first you want to create a bootable usb media with a usb flash drive you will find that under utilities when you open the program then do a disk backup to your 4tb usb 3.0 drive just highlight the drive or drives you want to backup thenadd then tell it where to backup which in your case it will be the 4tb usb drive then just tell it to start

• There is the way for you. But hope your 4 TB is enough to save your disk backup image.

1,Create a WINPE bootable media  by Aomei Backupper.

2,Do a disk backup by Aomei Backupper.

3,Do a system backup by Aomei Backupper.

4,When you have the new drive,please install the new hard drive.

5,Boot your computer with WINPE bootable media.

6,Then you can restore your disk backup.

7,Your disk is copied to your new drive.

8,You can boot your computer now.

Hope this is useful for you.

PS:if you do not boot your computer now,you can restore the system backup again.