Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Windows 10 - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Hello,

I have Windows 10 x64 Professional (Free upgrade from Windows 7 x64 Ultimate).

I have installed your software AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 6.0 on my PC last night and made the decision to migrate my Windows 10 x64 Professional to a SSD which is a SILMAGE SCSI REVODRIVE Disk PCI Express - SSD (670 Gb). Right-click "Migrate OS to SSD or HDD" on the left navigation bar and "Apply". Everthing was fine.

When I reboot my PC, the Windows 10 logo appears and 5 seconds later I have this BSOD: "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED"

I did some rechearch on the Internet and Microsoft Support says and suggested:

"This occurs because the Bootcat.cache file, located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity, is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file is changed since the last successful start. Delete the Bootcat.cache file, and then restart the computer."

I "rebooted" my PC on my working HDD version of Windows 10 x64 Professional again (Hopefuly, this original version was still there!) and copy the file on another HDD, just in case and deleted the file on my SSD. Then, I "rebooted" on my SSD again and... I still have the same BSOD. So now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do... I'm lost here and really confused as you can imagine.

Do you have any suggestion, recommandation or tips to fix this major problem, please?

Thank you in advance!

CoolOliver.

Comments

• May I ask if you migrate your system from a MBR disk to a GPT disk or from the GPT to MBR?

Have you gotten into BIOS to change the Boot Sequence?

• My Operating System: Windows 10 x64 Professional was fromated MBR because this is a 1TB Hard Drive, not a 3TB Hard Drive. All I wanted was simply migrate this Operating System (MBR Partion Table) to a SILMAGE SCSI REVODRIVE Disk PCI Express - SSD (670 Gb). Do I need to format the SSD with a MBR or a GPT Partition Table? I would say MBR because there is 670Gb only on this SSD but I'm not quite sure now with your question and yes, I had change my Boot Sequence into BIOS to the SSD, of course.

That said, my Motherboard is a ASUSTeK - MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150)

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_RANGER/

This Motherboard has a UEFI BIOS. What I need to do now, please? I'm still stuck today...

Thank you in advance.

CoolOliver.

• If your SSD is MBR,you need to amend the boot mode in BIOS  as Legacy.

If it is GPT,you need to use Aomei Partition Assistant to rebuild MBR.