Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

how to make iso bootable at usb

hi,
i have usb drive with fat32 filesystem.and on that i have file and no plan to format it.
i created iso winpe with AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro. now i extract content of iso to my usb
but it don't boot.also i set necessary step in bios.so what i can do?

also i want AOMEI Backupper and AOMEI Partition Assistant as single win pe
also i need an file explorer on that like explorer++ and ability to add custom progeam and tool like Active Boot Disk

Comments

• Hi Hessam,

what prevents you from creating a bootable usb drive instead of an ISO file? The wizard gives you that possibility.

Pit
  • edited March 2014

sorry, double post...
  • thank you for replay.
    i know,but i don't want format my usb.
  • so is there anyway to make bootable usb without formating?
  • so is there anyway to make bootable usb without formating?
  • No. Just copy all your data off the stick somewhere safe, make the stick bootable and then copy it back on again. It will still be visible.
  • thank you,but i found my self Solution.
    first download Bootice 1.3.2.1 and GRUB4DOS 0.4.4

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-Manager-Disk/Bootice.shtml
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-Manager-Disk/GRUB4DOS.shtml

1.now start BOOTICEx86.exe and select usb drive
    2.now select process MBR
    Then backup your MBR
    then select GRUB4DOS 0.4.5c and click install/config
    finally select save to disk
    3.now select process PBR
    Then select BOOTMGR Boot Record and click install/config
    now extract 3 below file and copy to usb drive
    grldr.mbr
    menu.lst
    grldr rename to GRLDR

4.extract content of AOMEI Partition Assistant Or AOMEI Backupper to usb
    and rename bootmgr to BOOTMGR

now restart pc set in bios to boot from usb
    now you see an some option you must select BOOTMGR of Windows VISTA

done!

also i don't tested but i believe in process MBR can select windows NT 5.x/6.0
    Option and boot from that

• On my '05 HP, I have to press the Esc right when boot starts. It then says 'Loading Boot Menu,' and I can choose the desired stick there. Otherwise, boot just ignores the USB ports.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all,

We are so sorry for replying you this late due to the weekend and I have to leave to for personal things last week.

Hi hessam, if you just extract the iso file and move the content to your USB drive, we cannot ensure it can be bootable, but glad to hear that you find the solution and welcome your feedback if it can work or not. Maybe, you can divided your USB disk (if it is a hard disk) into two partitions, then use the first partition to creating bootable disk, and save your files in the second partition. After that, you may need to burn the Partition Assistant ISO image with 3rd party burning softwrae to the first partition.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team