Home AOMEI Products Support

Silent install?

Is there any command line switch for installing Backupper silently?     /SILENT does not work

Comments

• We feel so sorry that we do not quite understand what do you mean by that "silent".Can you explain it so that we can figure out what do you suppose to do.

• I install Backupper via batch file. I would like it to basically be an unattended install. Thanks.

• We feel sorry that we do not support that operation at present.We will make it ASAP.

• Ok. Thanks much.

• I know this is a delayed answer but I wanted to post this here in hopes of helping others who search for this...

I tested both installing and uninstalling Backupper 1.6 on a Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS and can confirm these work.

I can't take credit for figuring this out, I found it here along with several other program's silent switches:

source - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12901-some-more-silent-install-switches-for-installers/

---
    Silent Install

Start -> CMD -> Right click "Run as Admin" -> navigate to your installer exe file location...

For example if the installer exe file is in root (top) directory of your C: drive, type in CMD: CD C:\

Then type in CMD: BackupperFull.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /SP-

(I would leave out the /NORESTART but I included it just to show it is an option).

---
    Silent Uninstall

Start -> CMD -> Right click "Run as Admin" -> navigate to your installed location...

For example, if installed on C: drive in Windows 7 - type in CMD: CD C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper

type in CMD: unins000.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /SP-

(I would leave out the /NORESTART but I included it just to show it is an option).

This removes from list in Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) but you may need to delete the empty folder in Program Files (x86).

• edited February 2016

I would also to express my disappointment that we are having to look elsewhere for answers such as these. I am running technician plus version 3.2 in an enterprise scenario and this is a critical requirement for your product to have if you want to run with the big dogs. I have neither the time or desire to go around and manually install this on a large number of systems.

For support's own enlightenment and to hopefully pass along to your developer(s), you need and should have "usage statements" in your product's executables.

See... http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/install-silent-finding-silent-parameters/

• Thanks much, wuwei. Apparently the switches were there all the time. I will test these out, probably fairly soon. 

Best wishes,

Paul