Home AOMEI Products Support

Dual boot clone

edited October 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I have used Backupper to clone a working dual boot system (Linux Mint 17.2 and Windows 10).  The clone appears to have copied everythng correctly including the Grub Boot Menu.  I can access Mint from that menu and it runs perfectly but when I clikc on Win 10 it wants to do a "repair" which then does not work; it just keeps repeating. My question is: How can I make the Win10 option in the Grub menu work to load Win 10 as it does on the drive that was cloned?

Comments

• We are sorry to inform you that our product do not support dual boot system,when you cloned it,only the system you were using can work.Sorry for the inconvenience again.

• edited May 2016

Today I cloned a dual boot Win7 and Win10 disk using the Linux CD. 

Then I inserted the cloned disk into the PC: Win7 wouldn't start, error about missing something. But Win10 did start.

In explorer I saw that both drives C: and D: were called "w" instead of the orginal names.

But that is not the reason of course. I just noticed that a clone is apparently not an exact copy.

In Win10 I started EasyBCD and noticed that Win7 was not coupled to a device (disk).

So I coupled it to D:\  and I also added an extra Boot entry for Win7 on D:\ to be sure.

Now the Dual boot had 3 entries and the two Win7 entries both did start as well.