Home AOMEI Products Support

Window 8.1 not bootable after cloning

Used Backupper to disk clone a same size drive (upgrade to hybrid drive). Installed sdhhd in laptop and would not boot. Read a post about doing a parition to parition clone of the OS parition. Still not booting after OS parition clone.

Comments

• Hello,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience. As for your problem, the clone feature of Backupper doesn't 100% guarantee that the cloned drive can be boot, you could use the System Backup feature, firstly backup the system and then restore to the new drive. You don't need to reformat the destination, you could directly backup the system and then restore to the new drive.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • Destination drive partition too small. After doing system backup. The restore required about 1 GB larger then orginal drive partition. The problem is that the destination disk is a clone from the orginal. I don't want to change other partitions. How can this be solved?
  • Hi,

I am sorry, it's better to allocate 1GB space from other partition to the system partition, it is very easy to be completed, please follow the steps: boot from your original system disk and connect the new drive. The install Partition Assistant Standard Edition (freeware) to allocated more than 1GB free space from other partition to the system partition of your new drive with Resize Partition and Merge Partition function.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • Didn't work. Ended up cloning with an old linux program. Works perfect now.
  • edited March 2014
    Glad to hear that you get rid of the problem. I wonder have you took my suggestion, if you do, what is the error message?

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team