Home AOMEI Products Support

PC Imaging with Ghost and OneKey

edited October 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I used OneKey Recovery to create a recovery partition which originally sized at roughly 800MB.  I tested both the F11 boot and Windows 8 Boot Manager boot to OneKey Recovery.  Both worked.  I then used partitioning software to extend the recovery partition to 2.5GB and retested both ways to access OR.  Worked.  I used PE Builder to create a new PE embedded with Partition Assistant and Backupper (more to open a backup archive and mount it to access files than to run backup and restores, I have OR for that).  I modified the okcf.lst  (root of C) and menu.lst (root of recovery partition) to add entries for the created ISO and another GRUB bootable ISO (TCM Rescue which contains SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes iwth full LAN/WIFI support).  I retested and all 3 ISOs boot from both WBM and F11.  So I ust Ghost to image the full disk to an image file.  I redeployed the file.  The paritions and all content appear, but F11 doesn't work.  I can access OR and the PE with OneKey apps from Windows Boot Manager, but F11 just "freezes" the computer.  The TCM Rescue ISO no longer boots either.

I realize this isn't exactly supported, but if I can't use F11 after Ghost, that's a real problem.  Anyone try this or have any ideas?  This would be such a huge advantage for supporting remote laptops with having recovery, repartitioning and malware removal with network support.

Comments