Home AOMEI Products Support

what is the difference between system backup and disk backup?

I don't understand the difference between a system backup and a disk backup. Which one should I use?

Comments

• Hello,

You can first read this article: http://www.disk-partition.com/forum/discussion/124/how-to-create-a-system-image

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • That is very helpful. I'm still confused about this statement "you should choose System Backup function, as well as Disk Backup function". Does that mean I should do both a system backup and a disk backup every time? That will back up my C drive in two different places, which will take up a lot of space. If I want to be able to restore my system, which option should I choose? If I do only a system backup, what information will I lose by not backing up all partitions?
    Thanks!
  • edited March 2014
    Hi,

No, that means both system backup and disk backup can help you create a backup of your system. But if you use disk backup, when you want to restore your system, you have to restore the entire hard drive then the system can boot. (BTW, you are able to restore partitions individually from a disk image, but if you use this way to restore system, you cannot make it to be boot directly).

If you choose system backup you are able to restore your system but you may lose the OEM Recovery function, the history backup Points of System Protection (windows build in backup and restore function) since the backup image were saved in other partition which may be called Recovery Partition.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team