Home AOMEI Products Support

Merging Doesn't show up in Linux

I used your Partition Assistant to merge an unneeded partition into my C: partition. Booted into Windows, Disk Management and Windows Explorer both confirm that it was successful. But if I boot into Linux or my GParted CD, both say the unneeded partition is still there. In an effort to fix this, I've tried many reboots, defragging, scannow and chkdsk; all to no avail.

Is it possible you could shed some light on this?

(also emailed to [email protected])

Comments

• Hello,

We are so sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. As for your problem, we need some additional information. Please take a screenshot (which could presend us your partition layout) of your windows disk management (right click My Computer--manage--disk managment) as well as the screenshot while you boot into GParted CD.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Kim -- you weren't late at all.

I just replied to Ann in Support with those pictures. I can't see a way to attach files in this forum page. Maybe she can forward them to you?

Jeff
  • Oops. It kept saying captcha so I kept re-sending.
  • Just noticed that sda3, which contains my Linux OS and the stray partition, is labeled as extended. Perhaps I should just trash it and start my Linux over.. just experimenting with it anyway.
  • Never mind... I booted an Aomei CD and sorted things out... all is well.
  • Thank you so much for your feedback, we are glad that you sorted things out.
  • I ended up telling Ann at Aomei:

"Partition Assistant has left me confused -- it seems that it caused the problem when I first merged while booted in Windows. And it also fixed the problem by booting to your CD. So I think that if I had done the merge from the CD in the first place, the problem would have never happened. So when others try merging from within Windows, perhaps you could throw up a warning, suggesting that they burn the CD, boot that and merge from there."
  • Thanks for the info. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.