Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper: Is it possible to avoid backups being saved to EACH backups own subfolder?

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi image,

I have been using this product with great satisfaction (and now trust) for 6 weeks (even since I installed Windows 10 Pro (x64) as my previous App Acronis True Image Home version was not compatible with Win 10).

So far I have found Aomei Backupper Standard to be 100% reliable in its backing up and restoring with I have done on numerous occasions due to Win 10 issues or it messing with my apps I have reinstalled.

I have a simple question. Is it possible to make a backup without it being saved to its own Folder of same name as for me I do not see the point of this folder (probably my misunderstanding of the need).

What I am currently getting:

I select a System Backup  location H:\Aomei\ and then I then do a System backup named:  003)_System_(10-09-15).

What I get is:  H:\Aomei\003)_System_(10-09-15)\003)_System_(10-09-15).adi

What I want is:  H:\Aomei\003)_System_(10-09-15).adi

Essentially, unless there is a good reason why I can’t have this, all I want is all my actual backup files .adi stored in H:\Aomei\ and not in separate subfolders for each.

Many thanks

Comments

• It will store all the images created by the same task under the defult created folder. So it is convenient to manage the images. If you need the feature you mentioned, we will consider add it in the future. 

• Thanks Adminimage,

It is not an important feature, but as a Home User I prefer to copy my .adi backup files to a single Backup Folder.

It I wish to separate (say my System backups from my Data partition backups) I would then backup to different main folders

e.g  H:\Aomei\System\

H:\Aomei\Data

I personnally prefer not having to drill down though a Backup specific folder as well, to get to the actual backup .adi.

I like to go to my Aomei Backup file in Windows Explorer and see all my .adi files in that single folder (for me simpler and easier).

e.g. H:\Aomei\001)_System_(01-09-15)

H:\Aomei\002)_System_(05-09-15)

H:\Aomei\002)_Data_(05-09-15)

Keeps it all simple (well for me anyway) and nicely grouped together

This was the System I used for years with Acronis True Image Home2012 (and ealrier) which I have no intention of upgrading now I have found and used Aomei Backupper (much simpler and to be honest ATIH likes to sometimes not open when its shortcut is clicked. Restoring from a USB hard drive often forgets the drives and does not show them for selection (it uses Linux) whereas Aomei using Linux has no problem at allimage

(OFF TOPIC: So far my only big disappointment with Aomei Backupper is that it ALWAYS fails to restore when run from windows 10 if I allow the default of Windows PE to be used.  It reboots my system but instead of the Aomei screen appearing, Windows asks for my keyboard type and restarts my current C:\System,.  I mentioned this in a different post but the suggestion seemed to be I needed to change my C: boot area and something to do with EUFI (way to advacne and risky for me to try) Shame Aomei doesn't just use its own saved to memory Win PE then there would be no issue (Certainly using the Win PE DVD disk has not problems (only starting Restore of a previous backup from within a running Windows 10.)