Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper: Renaming Existing Backups. Help please

edited September 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi image hoping this is an easy one to answer.

Scenario: I wish to change a Backup Folder Name and file inside to a different name (both same name) but although I can edit both names within Aomei in Home tab.  Although the Home name changes, the actual Folder and Filenames on the disc do not.   Why not?

If I delete Title only from Aomei Home and add it again the old Folder and file name of course is shown.

I decided to delete title (only) from Aomei then change the folder and backup file name directly via Windows Explorer, thinking that then if I add the Backup back to Aomei it will show up the new names in Home but NO, the old names  are STILL remembered. I do not Understand why I cannot change these names permanently when I wish to, or when I have named a backup erroneously.

Please can somebody advise and help me with what I am doing wrong and how I can do what is a basic (renaming) need that should be possible.

I did try an uninstall and reinstall of Aomei Backupper Standard, in case it was corruption that was the cause, but it made no difference (I was surprised to see upon reinstalling Aomei that all my previous preferences had been retained (useful but  clearly uninstalling Aomei  is not a totally clean uninstall)

Many thanks all

(p.s, Side question Is there a reason why there is no Spell Check feature for posts?)

Comments

• This should be a imperfection of Backupper. I will report to the development team and may improve it in the future versions. 

• Thanks Admin That would be a really great help image

I noted having opened this my 3rd of 3 posts today, that you have kindly answered all three super fast and with positive feed back and willingness to consider new feature/look into solutions.

Thank you ever so much for your interestimageI wish all Support discussions sites were similar.

I did try after uninstall & reinstall to run Aomei in Adminstrator Mode (which for all I know it does this anyway by default) to see if that worked, but it made no difference for me.(Win 10

Pro Ex64) Release, Using UAC at its lowest level.  My User account is Administrator.

Only renaming that does work, is if I edit the backup name in Aomei Home tabs it does show the new name there only (but it's cosmetic as the folder and file names remain as before. If task Title is deleted (not file as well) and then added back of course only the original name is offered due to the folder/file names not havingactually been changed).

I hope all is explained as clealry as necessary for your team. IF NOT, please just ask me or ask me to test (within reason) further and I will be happy to do so.

Kindest Regards