Home AOMEI Products Support

Information code 4141

Because of a total failure in upgrading w8,1 to W10, i have to  restore my latest backup ( system restore).

To preserve the original disk i attached a new disk ( Barracuda 250 GB)

My backup is 157 GB.

Unfortunately a receive following error code:

-Checking Volume

-Information code 4141

-Failed to add boot configuration

-Can not enter restart mode

-pls make a bootable disk.

Since this "bootable disk" is not so bootable I'm stuck here!

Anybody encountered similar problem? So yes, what is the solution??

Tkanks

regards

&ré

Comments

• Hi,

Did you make the bootable disk?  http://www.backup-utility.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html

You can boot from the bootable disk to do the restoration. 

• Hi,

Yes, several times, apparently this is not working on my system. I can not boot with this disk. looks like it is not bootable at all. So I'm stuck!

Therefore this question; Is it possible to extract my .pst file  ( personal file from MS office) from one of the .adi files ( have 18 in total , each being 4.186.116 kB big)

It is very big ( +- 6GB) and very very importent.

Pls help.

Tks

&ré

• edited September 2015

Odd that your boot didk doesn't boot (I assume your PC is set to boot first from the CD drive).

If you have a valid image file on the HDD, you could run AOMEI on another PC and have it open the image - the HDD would have to be in he PC or attached to a caddy or an external case.

If you could do this you would run AOMEI, then:

Select Utilities > Explore Image and cllick on 'Path'.

Browse to the image file and let it open it.

Either it will assign a drive letter immediately or list the image in the 'Home' screen then you could repeat 'Explore' and access the assigned virtual drive.

EDIt:it might not work on another PC since you would have to access the 'User' folder.