Home AOMEI Products Support

Clone operation fail

edited July 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

I am planning to replace the 128GB SSD in my Samsung Ultrabook with a brand new 250GB Samsung SSD. Since the laptop only has 1 mSATA connector, my plan was to clone the existing drive to the new one using a USB mSATA adapter, then physically replace the drive. Aomei Partition Manager was highly recommended for this.

I installed it, then selected the Clone option. All seemed fine and the sytem rebooted to PreOS mode as expected and the process kicked off. After a few minutes it halted with the following error:

"Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system. Please amend it by using chkdsk.exe in cmd to retry."

I ran chkdsk /f /r on the C: drive (it reported the drive as clean) and ran a full check on the target drive from PM, again, no problems or bad sectors found.

That pretty much exhausts my technical knowledge. Any suggestions would be great. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - i did a search on the support doc but couldn't find anything obvious.

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Please try to repair your source disk using "chkdsk /f X:" . X means your Drive letter, e.g. , you need to repair drive D , the command is "chkdsk /f D:"  .

• After repair it , you could try again.