Home AOMEI Products Support

Help to get started with Backupper

I was attracted to AOMEI Backupper because it looked clean and straight forward (for a none-techie).  However, I have not been able to get started, so would welcome some assistance.  First of all, what is the difference between System and Disk Backup? Is it that the latter includes everything on the Disk (eg. c) including programs / apps, folders & files?

Regarding System Backup, Step 1 (selecting partitions or volumes) is greyed out and unresponsive and I get the message "The program does not find the system partition".  Why is this and what should I do about it?

Regarding Disk Backup what is "Basic MBR"?  It reports"14.64 GB Unallocated space".  What is this?  It cannot mean the free space on the C Disk which is nowhere near this much.  Does it mean that is what is required for the Backup --- if so it seems a lot.  My SSD is only 24GB and free space (unallocated?) is only about 5GB.  I will need to know in advance how much space the Backup will require --- I was thinking of using (say) three DVDs

It will be clear from the above that I am in need of some fairly basic advice!

clayto

Comments

• For the first one, System backup will back up only Drive C;Disk Backup will backup all partitions on the disk, both are including applications, drivers, configuration settings, system files and boot files.

For the second one,Backupper can't find your system partition, your device may be a eMMC device.

And MBR means "Main Boot Record"."14.64 GB Unallocated space" means there are free spaces on your disk for 14.64GB. And when you backup, you should ensure destination disk space bigger than source disk space.