Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI doesn't scale on laptop - text too small to see / use

I have a new Dell XPS 13 laptop with a resolution of 3200 x 1800. When I run AOMEI, the interface doesn't scale up and the application box and text are tiny. All other applications I've used so far somehow figure out to scale up. Is there a way to fix this via a setting in AOMEI? I'm not going to change my resolution each time I run backup - so that is not an option. Thanks for your help

Comments

• Hi. I just had same problem on 15" Lenovo Y5-70 with UHD (3840 × 2160) resolution screen.

Actually I managed to read text and operate the software, but indeed it was clumsy.

One thing you can try while they're fixing it, is to use Screen Magnifier (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-screen-items-bigger-magnifier)

• I had the same problem on my XPS13. Solution: Right click on program icon and select Properties. Click on Compatibility tab then check the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Works in Windows 8.1.

• Have the same problem on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro in Windows 10. Disabling display scaling makes no difference! (Win 10 contra Win 8.1 ?). A temporary solution could be: On compatibility tab check: run AOMEI with 640x480 screen resolution. The program switches to this resolution and back to "normal" resolution when you exit the program...

• Correction. I usually run on a 4K external monitor. Disabling display scaling did fix the problem on that monitor and when I disconnect that monitor (while AOMEI is running) reverting back to my laptop's UHD (3840 × 2160) screen, the program remains upscaled! However, if I close Backupper and relaunch without the external monitor, it launches tiny again.

• There's now a setting in Backupper Pro 3.2 (I have no idea if it's available in the free version)...

Select Menu--->setting--->Other in turn and try to tick Enable
    Large Window Mode.

I hope this helps. Kyle.

• First,You can set the GUI page by yourself.

Pleaseclick the "menu" and "setting" button, then please go tothe setting for other.

Second,choose the "Enable Large Windows Mode", then click "ok".

Third,close up the program and restart it.

Finally,please do not choose the "Enable LargeWindows Mode", then click "ok". You will get the small normal GULpage of our software.