Home AOMEI Products Support

Dynamic Disk Manager does not list all disk partitions

imageAOMEI.jpg

imageDisk Managment.jpg

Hello,

I have an ASUS X-202E ultrabook that I got used and the previous owner had replaced the system disk with an Intel Series 520 180GB SSD.  In doing so they bothced the transfer of the old disk to the new SSD.  The machine boots and runs fine.  The problem is that the disk in Windows disk management shows a layout as follows: 300MB EFI partition, 600MB Unallocated space, 146.33GB System partition C:, 350 MB Recovery partition, 20GB Unallocated space.

I would like to reclaim the unallocated space on the drive for obvious reasons and eliminate both unallocated spaces on the disk.  The disk is a GPT Dynamic Simple disk.  I read that Dynamic Disk Manager could perform what I have in mind so downloaded the trial version and installed.  Much to my surprize when I opened the appliction I was greeted with a message that stated "Changes have been made to the system would you like to restart your computer?"  along with 3 option buttons, Yes, No, and Cancel.  Of course I chose No and the application continued to load.  Once loaded I was meet with yet another surprize as the GUI simply displayed the 600MB of unallocated space and a C: partition reported to be 146.33GB in size.  No other partitons are listed so of course this leaves many of the General Operations unavailable.  The only operations listed are Change Label and Volume Properties which I can understand given what the application reports as finding.

My question is why is the application not able to find the 20GB of unallocated space nor the EFI or Recovery partitions on the drive?

Additionally, if I select the 600MB unallocated space I am left with 1 General Operation, Create Volume.  If I select that operation I am presented with a message that "Windows Home Edition does not support dynamic disk so the dynamic volume can not be created!"  with the only active command available in the message box being Cancel.

This really confuses me as the machine is running Windows 8.1 64bit edition, the disk is already a dynamic disk, C: volume is a Simple Volume, the rest is presumably hidded from view, the total size of disk is reported incorrectly, etc.

So how am I to evaluate this product?  Based on what I experienced and see I am not impressed.  I would have thought at least all partitions would be displayed as well as all unallocated space and I also expect that total capacity of the drive would be reported correctly.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any direction or help you might provide.

Comments

• Hi Robert,

Are you aware that some partitions on the disk are marked as basic? It is odd. I think this is why DDM doesn't recognize the disk correctly. 

imageIn addition, you can post the log files here. I will report it to the technician to check the problem.