Home AOMEI Products Support

Issues with upgrade and also backup verification

Hi, I have two issues I'm looking for assistance with.

1. I just upgraded from the free edition of Backupper to the Professional/Lifetime upgrade, but even though the install log shows success some added features don't seem to be available. Merge Image - following the manual and go to Utilities menu, there is no reference to Merge Image at all - still the same 4 options of Check, Bootable Media,  Explore and Boot Tool only.

2. I cannot successfully verify any partition backup image. However, I think this may be a conflict rather than a bad backup, because 1) the fail rate is 100%, and 2) I can still mount and explore the backup images seemingly without issue even after getting the error message:

Information Code:4110

Failed to decode the backup data.

So, functionality seems unaffected but I don't want to just ignore this and risk not being able to restore in an emergency.

Please advise - thanks!

Comments

• I have now completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software, including  a registry clean so it is a completely fresh start, and there should have been no traces of the free product installed when reinstalling from teh paid product setup file. Still does not contain full functionality and lacks merge image options.

I also deleted all backups made using the free product. and made a new backup with the new install of the paid product. It gets farther along in verification but still gives an error saying it is either damaged or *not consistent with this version of the product*, which leads me to believe this error is caused by whatever is not allowing a fullly registered install.

In between i did full permissions check, chkdsk and sfc cleanup to ensure the issue is not on my end.

Please respond ASAP - if there's no fix for this I will need to ask for a refund.

Thank you.

• Anyone?

• I guess I'll just keep talking to myself here. Here is a capture of what my Utilities screen looks like. As you can see, it does not match the screen in any of the Backupper manuals and does not include the button for Merge Image. Note that the screen does correctly state Backupper Professional in the upper left and my registration was accepted as valid.

Moderators seem to be answering other questions here... if you're looking into this please state so - otherwise I'll assume you're ignoring this one. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ROSJbLrzk4SkxCT3cwcnRoZXM/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the text link - your image uploader states my Flash version is too low even though I am using the most recent version.

• My apologies for my earlier impatience. I didn't realize this isn't an official tech support forum until just now. I've emailed tech support and am waiting to hear back - in the meantime, the issue with verifications failing I believe I've narrowed down to an issue with compression.

I was able to successfully write, verify a system image from my main drive to an external USB 3.0 drive, then restore to another external Firewire drive successfully - without compression. The same test using high compression fails.

A partition backup with normal compression suffers the same fate, yet verifies clean if uncompressed.

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a known solution? I'm not sure how there would be a "compression conflict" coming from my end - the only related software i have installed is 7zip - no crazy configurations or anything.

Still no luck getting Merge Image to show up...

• Hi,

Apologize for the late. You can scroll down the Utilities screen to find the Merge Images option.

About verification, please click Utilities--Check Image--Path to browse a path to locate the image

If there any problems, please send us the log files, you can find it in the installation directory of Backupper. 

You mentioned that you have check image successfully when the image is without compression. This is odd. I will report it to the testing team to test. Sorry for the problem. 

• Wow on the scroll - don't know how i missed that, although the bar itself doesn't show on my screen.

As for the compression, I now have 8 trials that keep showing image failure with compression versus success without, all other variables constant. It fails whether done at the end of the backup, or later by browsing as you indicated above.

I'd be happy to work with your testing team on this as obviously I'd like to get compression working, and there must be some sort of conflict with another driver on my system to produce this result so I'm sure they'd like to find out which one that is also.

I'll try to debug as well, although I also get errors in the event viewer for Backupper - it says the system has been passed a "0" code from Backupper but does not have your symbols file to interpret it.

Thanks!

• Wow on the scroll - don't know how i missed that, although the bar itself doesn't show on my screen.

As
    for the compression, I now have 8 trials that keep showing image
    failure with compression versus success without, all other variables
    constant. It fails whether done at the end of the backup, or later by
    browsing as you indicated above.

I'd be happy to
    work with your testing team on this as obviously I'd like to get
    compression working, and there must be some sort of conflict with
    another driver on my system to produce this result so I'm sure they'd
    like to find out which one that is also.

I'll check out the log file and try to debug through Windows also, although event viewer keeps saying Backupper is passing it an error code but no key as to what it means.

Thanks!

• Hi again, how would you like me to send you the log files. I was wrong about the compression as it is now failing again on non-compressed. The log files seems to indicate multiple problems:

1. There are many messages seems to be having trouble determining if one of my disks is MBR or GPT for some reason. Interestingly, the disk in question is the one the BU wrote itself - it's currently housng the system restore backup/recovery test I did earlier. However, that drive the source or destination of this current backup and isn't even powered on at the moment so I am not sure why this keeps coming up as an error.

2. As far as what causes the verifications to fail, I think there may be multiple issues there as well. They seem to almost always either fail immediately, or not until 99% complete. The last couple in logs 2 and 3 were of the type that failed immediately, and it looks like the direct error message about this is:

AsyncDeque.h(206): OpenThreadToken failed, errcode: 1008
    AsyncDeque.h(54): OpenThreadToken failed, errcode: 1008
    [1008    ]BrVol.cpp(700): Total Sectors:47415248
    [0       ]i<m_vtrInfoList.size() return code: 0x00491002, ImageReader.cpp(73).
    [0       ]uLen!=0 return code: 0x00AE100B, DsImgTask.cpp(174).
    [0       ]Crc32==vdb.Crc32 return code: 0x04901008, ImageVolume.cpp(1168).
    [0       ]pVol->Check(pProgress) return code: 0x04901008, ImageReader.cpp(357).
    [0       ]pReader2->ImgCheck(m_pProg) return code: 0x04901008, ImgCheck.cpp(66).
    [0       ]m_pCurTask->Execute(pParam, uLength) return code: 0x04901008, FuncExecute.cpp(138).
    diskinfo.h(451): Failed to init GPT style table.
    [87      ]parttable.cpp(71): Read MBR to fail. DiskNumber:4.
    [87      ]parttable.cpp(71): Read MBR to fail. DiskNumber:4.

Looks like maybe it's seeing different sizes for the source and destination files or file tables? And that kicks it back into the cycle of not reading GPT tables, etc.

Don't know if this is relevant but:

1. I'm on Win7 and don't have a UEFI machine so no GFT boot disks - although why is it looking for boot when this is not a system backup anyway?

2. I am on a multiboot bootloader - maybe that's throwing it off?

Maybe the problem is something totally different - do you want all the logs since last install or just the latest ones?

Thanks!!

• Here's the log from the last attempt as well as the text of the error message I received almost immediately upon beginning verification:

Checking private structures...

Checking backup data...

The program has detected some mistakes in the backup file, so we suggest you:

1. Delete the backup file, and re-create a backup to make up the mistakes.

2. Try to browse the backup file by clicking "Utilities" -> "Explore Image" to as far as possible retrieve data. And through this way, you could copy files in this image file and paste other location.

Information Code:4104

Invalid image file. This file may be not complete or has been damaged, or it does not match with the current software version.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=51111E5AE704B24D!170&amp;authkey=!AFlg_tU6A1D-bqA&amp;ithint=file,txt

Here's a zip of all the logs since last install.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=51111E5AE704B24D!171&amp;authkey=!ACyoth3fwM3TwjA&amp;ithint=file,zip

Thanks!

• Hi,

No word on this? I think at this point unless you have some ideas I'm going to try different software to see if it will work for me. Could you please provide me with the information on how to submit a refund request?

Thanks!