Home AOMEI Products Support

Error message 4107 trying to restore a system image

I have an Intel NUC D54250WYK where I made a system image backup. The image is saved onto an external WD disk connected via USB. Creating the image completed successfully and I also checked the image and the report says the image is good.

However when I try to restore the image from inside Windows (running Win7 x64) at first everything looks normal and I'm told my computer needs to be restarted and once restarted AB boots just fine but I then get this 4107 error and a message saying the element or image could not be found.

First I thought maybe it was the NUC not recognizing the USB connected external drive but when I go into BIOS the external disk is found so that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's only AB that for whatever reason can't find the disk although it's connected and as mentioned found both in Windows as well as in the NUC's BIOS.

I'm also using AB on two other computers and on those I have no problems and AB works like a charm. One of the computers is a desktop computer with both SSDs and HDDs where I'm backing up one of the SSDs (my system partition) and saving the image on one of the internal HDDs and my second computer is a laptop computer with an SSD and an USB connected external disk.

I'm puzzled why I have this problem with the NUC and I would really like to find a solution because the mSATA SSD disk in my NUC is running out of diskspace so my plan is to replace it with a larger mSATA SSD disk and then restore the system image onto this larger disk in an attempt to avoid a complete reinstallation of Windows.

Many thanks in advance for any tips how to solve this issue!

Richard

Comments

• Hi Richard,

Please try making a bootable media of Backupper. Then boot from the media to do the restoration. How to make bootable media, please visit here: http://www.backup-utility.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html

I suppose that the program doesn't recognize the external disk after the computer reboots.  Could you please send us the log files if possible? I will forward to the technician for analyzing. 

• Already managed to fix the problem on my own. I realized after doing some Google searching that what was missing was drivers for the USB3 ports on the NUC. After making a bootable media as you suggest and adding the USB3 drivers the external disk and the image on it was found just fine and I was able to restore it onto a new and bigger disk I got.

Thanks anyway!