Home AOMEI Products Support

Onekey and WinPE restore - works from app, not from boot/F11

I am having a problem with Onekey and recovery from the WinPE environment. I am working from a clean install of Windows 8.1 x64 (the only software installed is Onekey and Windows ADK) so there is no software conflict. The drive is an SSD with three partitions (30mb Dell diagnostics partition; 350MB system reserved partition; 100GB windows partition).

I started by making a backup of the main partition, and there was no problems with that. Onekey partitioned the drive appropriately and stored the backup image in it. Recovery is where I have issue. 

Onekey offers two methods for recovery via WinPE: during boot via F11/UEFI menu (does NOT work) and by initiating the recovery within the app while in Windows (works). The during-boot option is what I need to work, in case the system is not bootable.

So here's the problem. If I initiate recovery within the app itself (open Onekey -> select OneKey System Recovery -> Restore system by using the image file in AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition), then the computer reboots and successfully restores the backup - good. If I instead initiate recovery through boot, and I've tried BOTH F11 and by selecting OneKey recovery in the UEFI boot menu, then it briefly goes to a loading files screen, the windows flag appears for a bit, and then the computer sits at a blank screen. I let it sit for 10 minutes but the blank screen is still there. I've tried pressing literally every key on the keyboard, but nothing gets past the blank screen. Any ideas? My log files are attached.

One thing I noticed in the logs is that there's an error about GPT, whereas my disks are MBR. 

imagelog0.txt

imagelog1.txt

imagelog2.txt

imagelog3.txt

Comments

• I just solved the problem! Turns out in the BIOS, the SATA controller was set to RAID mode. I set it to AHCI and now it boots fine into the WinPE partition and restores successfully.

• Thank you very much for sharing your experience and solution here!