Home AOMEI Products Support

Troubles with the Cloned Prim. Boot Partition

Hi,

I have been using Win-7's backup tools until I bought a new Samsung SSD and cloned my original HD with Samsungs Migration Tool - and now I can't create any system image: Error 0x80780119 Not enough space.. The problem is the 100MB-boot partition. The original has 70% (=70MB) the cloned 5% (=5MB) free space - too less for win-7 to create a system image. Both are looking practically the same inside, I can't see any files that were different or added that would somehow explain the added 65MB use.

I called Samsung and they said (immediatly knowing what is my problem) - yes it happen occasionally, I have 3 options either 1) keep cloning until it's ok, or 2) boot from the org Win.DVD then delete this partition and use Systemrepair to recreate it finally or 3) use another software for create system images - that's why I am here with these questions:

1) Can I create a system image including the 'fat' primary partition - or will I have the same error, not enough space..?

2) I still have the original HD (not changed or used meahnwhile) - would it be possible to replace the 'fat' prim.partition by the original one? What would I have to do - how complicate will it be?

3) Do I need to switch on Windows Volumes shadow copy for a system image - I switched it off.

4) Is AOMEI's system images and or backups saved in a propritary file formate or can I access them with e.g. open source tools?

5) What can I do if I am not at home and my laptop crashes and I need someone's else cd to boot but now I don't have e.g. AOMEI's license key - my system image would be in the cloud?

Thanks in advance,

Gooly

Comments

• Hi Gooly,

1) Can I create a system image including the 'fat' primary partition - or will I have the same error, not enough space..?

----The fat partition is the boot partition, right? If so, yes, you can use System Backup to make a system backup. The boot partition and system partition will be included.

2) I still have the original HD (not changed or used meahnwhile) - would it be possible to replace the 'fat' prim.partition by the original one? What would I have to do - how complicate will it be?

----You cannot only replace the fat partition by using the original one via using Backupper. You need to make a system backup, then restore both the system partition and boot partition to the SSD.

3) Do I need to switch on Windows Volumes shadow copy for a system image - I switched it off.

----It's better to switch on VSS when you make system image. But you can also make it without using it.

4) Is AOMEI's system images and or backups saved in a propritary file formate or can I access them with e.g. open source tools?

----The image files format made by Backupper are .adi and .afi  It cannot be opened by using other tools. Backupper offers a feature Explore Image, you can use it to mount the image file, then you can view the files in the image.

5) What can I do if I am not at home and my laptop crashes and I need someone's else cd to boot but now I don't have e.g. AOMEI's license key - my system image would be in the cloud?

----Backupper have a feature Create Bootable Media, you can use it to create a bootable media of Backupper standby. The system image you can save it to your hard drives or NAS. It doesn't support to back up to cloud drives currently.