Home AOMEI Products Support

WinPE Boot Disk

edited January 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I have three computers one on windows7 one Vista and one on XP.
I have created an Aomei System back up of each computer on an external hard drive.

Will a WinPE bootup disk created on the Windows7 Computer work on the Vista & XP computers or will I have to make a seperate boot up disk for each machine?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

alirut

Comments

• Hello alirut,

Welcome to our forum.

As for your query "Will a WinPE bootup disk created on the Windows7 Computer work on the
    Vista & XP computers or will I have to make a seperate boot up disk
    for each machine?"

The WinPE bootup disk you created on Win 7 works with other PCs.

If you have any further question please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• Thanks for reply - I did not wish to actually restore a system back up in case it didn't work.

Great programme - Thanks for supplying it free.

• after partitioning my systems gets restarting again & again. then i read ur column reagarding same prob.

We are so sorry for the problem this time you encountered. If you have a WinPE recovery disc, please boot from the disc to delete a file called "ampa.exe" in this path "C:/Windows", after that your computer will come back to normal. If you do not have such a recovery disc, you may use BartPE to create one.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    AOMEI Support Team

and i do the same but after creating winpe disc, i boot my laptop from usb but unfortunately I can,t find file "ampa.exe" nor i found "windows" in command prompt. so plz help me in thisreagrd, from where can i delete that file to give life to my laptop.

thanx in advance.