Home AOMEI Products Support

where is image?

Hello- just tried a System backup on a Win7 Home laptop (C:)onto a 1TC external drive (E:).  It seemed to go well- took about 39 min for 47GB of used space- said it was "100%" " complete- clicked "Finish".  But then didn't see the image file in E:

(I had done a folder backup previously and that was present.)

When I looked for "image location" or hit "restore" I got the same error:

"unable to get the backup information because the image file does not exist..."

Any suggestions?

(Not sure if this matters, but about 2GB were in Dropbox, and I didn't turn Dropbox off during the backup.)

Comments

• LynVT,

You mean you didn't find image file in E: drive under windows explorer? If so, it seems the program failed to create the image. Please make a backup again. Or please post the log files here. So we can analyze it. 

• Hello- thanks for your response.  That is correct- there was no image file in the E: external hard drive for the system backup that seemed to run fine, proclaimed itself to be "Finished"- very odd that it wasn't there- again, the error I got is posted above.  (I ran Reflect the day before with the same E: drive albeit a different laptop and it worked fine.)  I don't have the computer with me now, but will post the log when I get it back next week.  Thanks again for your help.

• Hi,

I have a bit similar prob due to slow WiFi connection between my laptop and NAS-share: 
    > I took the NAS share manually to the laptop and did first Full system backup there in directory reserved for backups; A System backup with specified name ("XXX") shows listed in Backupper main screen
    > It looks like I can browse to that location BUT how can I fix the location for the System backup "XXX" ... in order to do differential backups over the WiFi: 
    ... while trying to do differential backup first time to specified NAS share it looks like it does not find the Full system backup BUT starts to the differential anyway (looking like it tries to do the full again) and then announces that there is no space (of which there is more than quadruple in the share): 
    "Information Code:4138
     There is not enough space on the disk"
    Is there a way to this onetime change in directory where the full system backup is manually made and then rely on daily, smaller ones over Wifi? 
    OR do I just have to try to make the first full system backup over Wifi to NAS, too ... might take days... 
    BR, 
    Jari

• ... just to clarify - the first full system backup was made via usb connection which is 3-4 times quicker than the WiFi in best of circumstances; 
    ... and I got same result from much smaller harddisk where the original System Backup was some 100 gigs and there was over 450 gigs free space in NAS share, which is formatted as FAT32 due to poor local telco equipment that cannot support NTFS :(

• Ok - found a reason and solution, at least it looks like that:
    1. It seems like Backupper doesn't regocnize that the NAS is formatted in FAT32 that has a limit of file roughly 4 gigabyte file size and thus it tries to write an image size file ... and fails. (Why the NAS is in FAT32 - shortly because that is the only format the poor Zyxel router supports)
    2. Solution seems to be that you manually set the split size to 4 gigabytes. That seems to work and at least over 15 gigabytes have been backed now while the backup process failed much earlier without that 4 gig limit. 
    The backupper COULD check this, but ... in free version, what can you expect.