Home AOMEI Products Support

What is the best option for me

edited December 2013 in AOMEI Products Support

Im looking to back up my system but have an unusual set up. What is the best way for m. To back up using your software? Set up as follows;

Drive/Disk 1(C:\) is a SSD with Windows 7 and selected program files.

Drive/Disk 2 (F:\) is a HDD with the main programe files and Windows 7 user profiles and data.

Both disks are essentail to system operation and took a long to to set up this way. The set up is custom and includes a number of registry edits. 

I wish to back up fully and be able to restore with my custom configuration intact. I would also like to back up the disks individually should one or the other fail with my settings and configurations intact including reg edits. 

In addition I would also like all options to allow for any 3rd party applications (non OS) installed to be backed up and restored including any custom settings and, if possiable, the option to have a rescue boot disk and a Windows recovery option, in needed.

Is this software capable of all of the above? If not, please highlight any relevant information.

Thank ypu :-)

Comments

• Hello gofunk,

We are so sorry that our software is not capable to do what you want. Even it can backup your operating system, but it cannot restore to your original custom configuration. I am sorry, I don't know any other software can do the same. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• Where does it lack? I understand it can back up disks, does this include system files amd applications? If it does then surely I can back up the registry and do a manual reg restore after restoring individual disk if partitioned in the original format?

• Hi gofunk,

You are right, you may try disk backup and test if this plan will work. It will backup system files and applications. At the first time, I think you just want to do a system backup, so I am not sure if it works in your environment. 

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• @gofunk,

I just came across this thread and I was curious why your setup is this way. Is it due to limited space on your SSD? It seems like backing up each disk, then restoring it to the same disk should work. In the future, its best to keep all OS files on a single disk, including any installed programs. If you have a large program that you want to install, the worse case is to install it on another drive and you might have to reinstall if you restore an image of the OS disk/partition.