Home AOMEI Products Support

Updated Comments: AOMEI Backupper 2.5 UNIVERSAL restore problem Windows 8.1 x64

Note: Before perfominng the UNIVERSAL restore, the computer ran ok. This was a test of the UNIVERSAL function.

With two almost identical computers Dell XPS8700 running Windows 8.1 x64 (one has more ram, ssd and hard disk for storage) I performed a dissimilar hardware UNIVERSAL restore to the SSD computer. I observered the following:

1. Using System Properties the System Protection tab, I observe TWO drive C:s. (one at the top of the list one at the bottom you may have to scroll to see it) ONE drive C states that it is MISSING but that drive has protection turned on! I turn it off and the drive disappears. I then must turn on protection for the NEW C: which is the SSD.

2. With the other computer, one of the other partitions was available with a drive letter. It is no longer accessable on the the restored computer. AND, the partitions from the other computer HAD data. NOW, although not empty, they no longer function. When I try to create a recovery drive the option to use the recovery partition is ghosted. And, if I try to restore to factory, that does not work either.

3. Afterwards, If I now do an IMAGE backup of the ENTIRE SSD and then do an image RESTORE, the missing drive C: returns! (see item #1), protection is setup wrong and all the restore points that I made are now missing.

Suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hi,

The items 1and3 are problems which we were not aware of. I have reported to our development team, they will test it and fix it. In addition, after restoring, are you able to boot the operating system?

About option 2, does the partition which is not accessiable has a drive letter? If it has a drive letter, please check whether you have permissions to access it.  Or you can take a picture of it to us.   As for the recovery partition, do you mean the recovery partition you created before on the source computer? If so, this is a known issue, we are working on it.

• Hello,

Thanks for responding!

Yes, after restoring it boots just fine. It just required the adjustments mentioned.

I will investigate your other questions.

Thanks!

• Any updates on the Recovery Partition issue?

• Sorry, currently we don't have solutions yet, but we will treat it seriously. And we need to do more testing. And there is no doubt that we must fix it in future version. Sorry for the inconvenience.