Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistance

Hello and sorry for this question before to buy the pro version, but at the first usage of AOMEI PA I am in great trouble.

I was trying to migrate the OS from one SSD to a bigger SSD. I don't know if I would have to do a copy disk before to migrate, but I have not done it and started directly by the OS migration command. I followed the wizard that has previewed the disk space, then I have applied the pendent activity and AOMEI has rebooted the system with a code error 12 with desription: disk environment has changed and not consistent. Please reboot and again run the software to retry...press any key to restart. The problem is that the keys are frozen, i.e. the kb is not responding so I have to turn off the PC. Now I have the PC booting aòways with the AOMEI error.

If, how I think, AOMEI has modified the os sisk mbr, what can I do to restart?

Any try to go in safe mode has failed.

Emiliano Paperetti

Comments

• I have solved the boot problem entering in the windows boot list and forcing the start from the last good Windows configuration. I have then tried to copy (sector by sector) from the old SSD to the new SSD, but the AOMEI boot repetes the same error when the copy should start.

• This problem is caused by Windows DeviceManager, when the system start the Device Manager may load your device one byone, and then record the number of your device, when you reboot if the numberof device is not the same as the record, it may cause the error code 12, soyou’d better keep the same number of devices before your operation. You can create AOMEI Partition Assistantbootable CD and then boot from the CD to accomplish your task.