Home AOMEI Products Support

Reallocation from C to another partition failed, now can't boot up

Last night I asked Partition Assistant to remove 200 gigs from my C drive and move it to my "B" drive. Perhaps I should have done this in two steps... but the program began the action, and said it would take 7 hours. I left the computer alone and went to bed.

In the morning, I found the computer asleep. I woke it up but got a blank screen. I eventually powered it off.  Upon restart, it went to the regular windows boot, and hung. I powered it off again.  During the third restart, I hit f8 and went to the boot menu. My options are two UEFI boot sources (IPV4 and IPV6, both referred to as "unknown devices"), and the Legacy boot sources, which show nothing.

Can anyone help me figure out if I can fix my problem?
Should I choose the System Restore option?  With the windows boot not working, I can't even get to safe mode.

I would like to avoid wiping clean the drive and reinstalling. My system is running Windows 8, and all my info is backed up on an external hard drive. I just need to correct what I messed up. :-/ 

TIA

Comments

• You can boot your computer from a bootable media created by AOMEI Partition Assistant to see the status of your hard drive.