Home Storage General Discussion

problem copying to new SSD: "something has changed" message just before restart, no copy done

what am i doing wrong, what does that message mean?   i tried plugging into a different USB port, formatting the new SSD, etc.  

p.s.   i dont know about these tech things, including partition sizing and stuff, i just click 'go' because i just want a copy   :)

the only other problem i ever had is new copy would not boot windows but i fixed that by putting in a windows repair CD disk.

Comments

• Hi dipr,

You use Backupper or Partition Assistant to copy your partition? The source partition is your operating system partition? 

You can try restarting your computer then copy the partition. If you want to copy your operating system to your SSD, I will suggest that you use Migrate OS to SSD or HDD Wizard in Partition Assistant to do it. 

• hi, thanks for reply.   actually i am trying to copy the whole disk, OS and data and all, using 'copy disk'.

restarting did not help anything.   i don't know if it's some kind of USB 2.0 or 3.0 problem, or a conflict from UEFI bios system, etc.