Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition Locked

Hello,

I tried to merge two partition on Toshiba Satellite L840 which contain 1TB capacity divided in HDD and SSD, in the middle of the process, the battery runs out and when I charged it, no progress is shown, it is just a black screen with nothing on it so I decided to power it off, once I boot, the Windows 8.1 won't boot so I install windows 7, after completing the installation, there are two choices of operating systems, "windows 7" and "windows", I choose "windows" because I think it will boot me to windows 8.1, but it says that I need to insert the windows 8.1 disk and run system repair then I do it, after I choose "repair your computer" on windows 8.1 installation disk, I choose "Refresh my computer" but then it says that the drive where windows 8.1 installed is locked, I've tried to install AOMEI partition assistant and diskmgmt.msc but it didn't show the actual capacity of the SSD, it only shows the capacity of the HDD, which is around 750 GB, I wonder how to recover the 250 GB that is likely to be the SSD where windows 8.1 installed.

Thanks.

Comments

• You can put the SSD into an external USB sata disk cradle, and plugged that into another Windows 8 machine. The SSD and its volume should be recognized and you are able to copy all of the data off of it.