Home AOMEI Products Support

how do I restore both partitions from System Backup?

Hello.

Windows 7 creates two partitions. One partiton is 100M whhile the othe is the remainder of the hard disk.

When I created a System Backup it copied both partitons. Now, I wish to restore both at the same time. The restore process only wants to let me restore the larger partition.

How do I restore BOTH at the same time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Zardoz,

The System Backup/Restore really only tries to backup and restore the main partition with the OS on it.  If you want to backup/restore all partitions use a full disk backup.

• Then the system backup feature does not work. When I tried to restore the system partition to the system drive, upon reboot the OS software crashed.

• Where did you try to restore your system image to, original location or another internal hard disk?

• edited April 2015

I found the solution but it required extra software.

To do a SYSTEM restore it works if restoring to a hard drive with any partitions. That is exactly what the help photos show.

If I delete all partitions and then restore the system to the harddisk all works good!

• I found the solution but it required extra software.

To successfully perform a SYSTEM restore, you MUST restore to a hard drive WITHOUT any partitions!

That is exactly what the help photos show if you look closely.

If I delete all partitions and then restore the system, to the harddisk all works good!

Otherwise, the restore will place new partitions WITHIN the partition you select!