Home AOMEI Products Support

Clarification of Restore process

I know this is a simple query but I need to have the process clear in my mind before committing myself to the Aomei Backupper system.

Have loaded in the free version and made a test full disk backup plus 2 incremental ones to a server.

If then from the Aomei start page I click on "Restore" I am presented with a single dated file which would identify that backup. I also know from inspecting the server back up location that I have three files stored there, the full initial one plus two small incremental ones.

When a disk restore function is required do I click on that single file and then does it take the initial full backup plus any incremental ones and make a combined up to date file for delivery to the  PC or is it necessary for me to manually work my way through to the server latest small incremental file and use this as the restore source point? If that is the case does the system work backwards to the initial backup and again combine the contents?

Any clarification would be apreciated

Comments

• If you restore the latest small incremental file and use this as the restore source point, the system will work backwards to the initial backup and again combine the contents.