Home AOMEI Products Support

schedule backup from external hard disk drive to NAS, resume when external drive is connected

edited February 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I backup my laptop data to my NAS with Backupper. Works perfectly.

Some of my data is on an external hard drive which is not always connected. I have scheduled this to be backupped separately. When time has come for the next backup of the data from the external hard drive to the NAS, and the external hard drive is at that moment not connected to the laptop, Backupper simply says "no need to backup". As a result, if I do not have my extended drive connected all the time, it doesn't get backupped.

What I would like, is for Backupper to perform a backup of the external hard disk, every time I connect it to the laptop. Or as a workaround, maybe to check every 5 minutes or so whether the external drive is connected. In the background that is, I do not want a popup every 5 minutes about the external drive not being available.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Comments

• That is not possible.when you disconnect and reconnect the devices, the drive letter of the divice may be changed.So AOMEI Backupper cannot continue the backup plan.